Knock out your fiber needs with cholesterol-lowering oatmeal! Just one serving of oatmeal (1/2 cup dry) has 2 grams of soluble fiber. According to the Mayo Clinic, 10 grams or more of soluble fiber daily decreases your total and LDL (bad) cholesterol. We’ve got tasty ways to get your day started right by enjoying high-fiber oatmeal. For each bowl, start with 1/2 cup of instant or dry oatmeal. Cook according to package directions, then add our delicious themed toppings.
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
You’ll definitely love the pumpkin flavor in this sweet bowl of oatmeal.
* 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla yogurt
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin butter
* 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Nutrition: 137 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 44 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 2 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Oatmeal
This recipe is a staff favorite! The oats blend right in with the hash browns for a south-of-the-border taste.
* 1/4 cup cooked hash brown potatoes
* 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 tablespoon salsa
Nutrition: 244 cal., 11 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 13 mg chol., 310 mg sodium, 29 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.
- Tropical Coconut Oatmeal
Get whisked away to the tropics with a bet-you-never-tried-it combo of flavors in this oatmeal.
* 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, chopped
* 2 tablespoons toasted, shredded coconut
* 2 tablespoons dried pineapple
Nutrition: 262 cal., 13 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 54 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 4 g fiber, 5 g pro.
- Hot Cocoa Oatmeal
Think hot cocoa mix only goes a mug? We’ve re-envisioned it as an oatmeal topper.
* 1 tablespoon instant hot cocoa mix
* 2 tablespoons mini marshmallows
Nutrition: 221 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 156 mg sodium, 44 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g pro.
- Bacon & Salsa Oatmeal
This oatmeal recipe proves that you can still enjoy bacon on a heart-healthy diet if you eat it in moderation.
* 1 strip chopped, cooked bacon
* 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
* 2 tablespoons diced tomato
* 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
Nutrition: 172 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 17 mg chol., 295 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 2 g fiber, 10 g pro.
- Blueberry Nut Oatmeal
No pancakes here! Transition traditional flapjacktoppers into oatmeal flavor-boosters.
* 1/4 cup blueberries
* 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Nutrition: 204 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 7 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Apple Crisp Oatmeal
Crisp apples, granola, and almonds put bite in your oatmeal bowl.
* 1/2 cup chopped apple
* 2 tablespoons low-fat granola
* 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
* 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
Nutrition: 200 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 40 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 5 g fiber, 6 g pro.
- Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal
A dab of peanut butter and a sprinkle of chocolate chips are all you need to jazz up your oatmeal.
* 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
Nutrition: 257 cal., 14 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 78 mg sodium, 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g pro.
- Turtle Sundae Oatmeal
Pure indulgence, this sweet treat hardly seems like another boring oatmeal breakfast.
* 1/4 cup fat-free whipped dessert topping
* 2 tablespoons pecans
* 1 tablespoon sugar-free caramel dessert topping
Nutrition: 252 cal., 12 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 45 mg sodium, 34 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
- Trail Mix Oatmeal
Bring trail mix to your breakfast table by tossing the grab-and-go bits on your oatmeal.
* 2 tablespoons mix dried fruit bits
* 2 tablespoons dry-roasted mixed nuts
* 1 tablespoon flaxseed
Nutrition: 276 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 18 mg sodium, 33 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g pro. Can’t get enough oats? Read on for even morerecipes that use this heart-smart whole grain.
- smileteas reblogged this from confessionsofafitsblr
- alpha-victor likes this
- thefearofveggie reblogged this from fitnessgeekpdx
- p-j-parks reblogged this from feelinghealthyagain
- journeyt0fit reblogged this from feelinghealthyagain
- journeyt0fit likes this
- petitmaisferoce likes this
- fitnessgeekpdx reblogged this from feelinghealthyagain
- fitnessgeekpdx likes this
- coderedhead reblogged this from feelinghealthyagain and added:
- hollipocketfitness reblogged this from feelinghealthyagain
- a-little-healthy-motivation likes this
- almost-perfectt likes this
- vogue-pleasures likes this
- feelinghealthyagain reblogged this from 48lbdogclub
- foodforthefit reblogged this from sassyyogi
- runzee reblogged this from hannibalitus
- autumnrunning likes this
- licuriciu13 likes this
- g4laxyd3fender reblogged this from 3dible
- fitselflife reblogged this from prettyfitbody
- teehee-otay likes this
- hislittlesubpeaches likes this
- mangy-mongrel reblogged this from microkrill
- pinkbunnylace reblogged this from biodegradablequeer
- khoff0720 reblogged this from puttingtheforkdown
- mangy-mongrel likes this
- rapteur likes this
- microkrill reblogged this from 3dible
- illstartanydaynow reblogged this from fitbeliever
- trlr reblogged this from siriusbonerr
- sadhappening likes this
- celebrateinconsistency reblogged this from getting-fit-staying-fab
- be-youtea reblogged this from th3newm3
- paradise-city-of-gnr likes this
- orangedaisies reblogged this from fit-sexy-lovely
- daintyrunneryo reblogged this from runningformyl-ife
- missbreec reblogged this from healthyfitlovely
- gwibiyomi reblogged this from 3dible
- aprillynn1995 likes this
- movetivate likes this
- everyworthpiece likes this
- nickyterror likes this
- soontostratford likes this
- behaveyourpenis likes this
- kaysfitnessjourney reblogged this from bspiindler2
- wonderfulhealthynewlife reblogged this from get-fit-go
- rollingtako likes this
- rinsbuttjust reblogged this from healthysexyhappy
- breesthoughts reblogged this from kayladoeshealthythings